Mayor Josh Maxwell is a lifelong resident of Downingtown, Chester County, and is proud to have served as its mayor for the past 7 years. Elected in 2010 as Downingtown's youngest mayor at the age of 26, Mayor Maxwell has been an active advocate for and leader in his hometown.
Besides serving in the part-time mayoral position, Josh works full-time for a USAID subcontractor, developing strategic communication campaigns for education, public finance and gender-based violence programs in Africa. He holds a BA from West Chester University, an MPA from the University of Pennsylvania, and is most proud of how Downingtown has worked together to accomplish important tasks by working together.
Josh can frequently be found jogging on the Struble Trail, grabbing breakfast at a local diner, or just stopping by your front porch to say hello.
Josh is proud to support social and economic causes in Downingtown, Chester County, and state- and nationwide. Some of his involvements include:
- It’s on Us - Municipal Task Force
- Founder, Downingtown Main Street Association (Current iteration)
- Chester County Coalition to End Gender-Based Violence
- Men Can End Domestic Violence Campaign
- Downingtown Community Education Foundation (Former Member)
- La Communidad Hispana GED Teacher (Former)