Josh believes in balancing our tax base, and properly funding our schools through responsible economic development that meets local goals and preserves the beautiful open spaces of Chester County. Last fall, Josh was proud to have worked on the team that negotiated the record-setting development deal for the Borough of Downingtown that will provide fast, clean, and up-to-date Amtrak and SEPTA service, as well as connect Downingtown to the Chester Valley trail system. As State Representative, Josh will work to repeat this kind of success throughout Chester County, working to bring updated and accessible transit to Coatesville and Parkesburg.
At a glance:
- The total investment in the Downingtown train station project is $224 million—the largest in borough history.
- Downingtown will be the only borough in Pennsylvania with Amtrak, Septa and Chester Valley Trail access from its downtown.
- New building developments will provide high-end residential and retail space.
- The train station, built and controlled by PennDOT, will replace dangerously dilapidated factory buildings.
- All train station public spaces will be privately maintained by the developer at no additional cost to borough taxpayers.
- The development will include a connection to the Chester Valley trail system, allowing cyclists to bike all the way to Center City Philadelphia without riding on a single road.
- Construction on the private part of the project will begin Spring of 2018.