As County Commissioner, Josh will be a tireless advocate for transparency and accountability at the county level. As Mayor of Downingtown, Josh is proud to have contributed to managing a healthy, sensible, and lean budget, all without compromising any of the borough’s quality of life. He believes in exercising intelligent, responsible financial judgment, and, .
- Respect every tax dollar by prioritizing investments for longterm economic and social growth while curbing tax increases with responsible fiscal management
- Develop a 10 year fiscal strategy that puts Chester County on a better financial path and provides residents a roadmap to ensure accountability
- Meet regularly with county-wide elected officials and department ends to ensure all essential services are being funded and our commitments as a government are being met.
At a glance:
- Under Josh's tenure as Mayor of Downingtown, borough taxes have not increased for seven years—one of the longest stretches of any borough in Chester County
- To date, Downingtown maintains the highest credit rating allowed for a borough of its size.
- At the current rate, the borough will be debt-free in just a few years
- As debt has decreased, Downingtown has been able to invest in emergency services, public spaces, and parks at no additional cost to taxpayers