Josh is proud to have worked with Downingtown’s exemplary police and fire departments in his capacity as mayor. During Josh’s tenure, the law enforcement and first responders have continued to provide outstanding service for all borough residents. As State Representative, Josh is committed to ensuring that every resident of Chester County feels respected and safe, and has access to state-of-the-art emergency services when they're needed most. A lifelong advocate for domestic violence survivors, Josh is particularly dedicated to ensuring that women and families have the resources they need in times of crisis.
At a glance:
- Josh supports background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons, and limiting the capacity of magazines and clips.
- In 2014, Downingtown constructed a new fire house to allow a quicker response and updated equipment, all at no additional burden on the taxpayer.
- In 2016, Josh Maxwell wrote an ordinance ensuring that all police officers are trained on resources available to survivors of domestic violence within 6 months of their hire.
- Downingtown maintains two outstanding volunteer departments in it's downtown that can service Downingtown simultaneously or in combination during an emergency..
- Josh Maxwell has diversified the hiring of police officers and added bike patrols and specialized training for the opioid and domestic violence epidemics.