Josh believes in responsible economic development that meets local goals and preserves the beautiful open spaces of Chester County. Last fall, Josh was proud to have worked on the team that negotiated the record-setting development deal for the Borough of Downingtown that will provide fast, clean, and up-to-date Amtrak and SEPTA service, as well as connect Downingtown to the Chester Valley trail system. As County Commissioner, Josh will work to repeat this kind of success throughout Chester County.
- Support the development of public transportation that decreases our carbon footprint and provides transportation assets to communities throughout Chester County
- Prioritize county investments to communities left behind by the changing economy and helping those communities to thrive
- Strengthen and expand job-training that provides human capital for emerging industries and keeps businesses looking to Chester County to grow and expand
- Work with communities to advance their local economic goals and being available to every elected official throughout Chester County
At a glance:
- The total investment in the Downingtown train station project is $224 million—the largest in borough history.
- Downingtown will be the only borough in Pennsylvania with Amtrak, Septa and Chester Valley Trail access from its downtown.
- New building developments will provide high-end residential and retail space
- The train station, built and controlled by PennDOT, will replace dangerously dilapidated factory buildings
- The development will include a connection to the Chester Valley trail system, allowing cyclists to bike all the way to Center City Philadelphia without riding on a single road